Sustainable Oceans and Coasts: Victoria Perspectives
On 14 September 2020, Future Earth Australia hosted the second in a series of online consultation workshops in each state and territory across the nation, for its Ocean and Coastal Sustainability initiative.
42 attendees in Victoria contributed to the discussion, representing:
- the research sector, from RMIT University, Deakin University, and the University of Melbourne
- Traditional Owners and managers across Country
- all levels of government working across community engagement, conservation planning, marine and coastal management, water and utilities, and coastal council networks
- industry and business, particularly in tourism
- civil society, in particular, large policy advocacy groups and philanthropy
- community, such as natural resource management, surf collectives, and nature and wildlife conservationists
This document summarises discussions held around the fundamental elements, both from a Victorian perspective and pertaining to Victoria and Australia more broadly, which will define the National Strategy; vision, knowledge, institutional design and governance, community engagement, and implementation.